We are currently seeking to fill a full time position in our machine shop for an experienced CNC Machinist for Set-up and Operating with a strong Manual Machine background. The right candidate will have a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude that is eager and willing to contribute to our ever growing line of innovative machinery. Must be reliable and be able to work in a drug free environment, including passing a pre-employment drug and health screening.
• Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
• Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Perform frequent quality checks.
• Follow all company rules and policies.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
• Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Lift raw materials and final products, manually up to 60 pounds, or by using hoist.
• Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
• Uphold all OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
• Consistently produce a usable product that meets the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Be a high school graduate, or have a GED.
• Minimum five years of previous machine shop experience.
• Have a well rounded understanding and knowledge of the use of shop inspection tools including: micrometers, calipers, indicators, etc.
• Ability to understand and interpret Mechanical Drawings.
• Solid knowledge of “G Code” is a must.
• Experience in operating Mazak, Hurco, and HAAS CNC mills and lathes.
• Knowledge and experience in operating Manual Mills and Lathes.
• CAD/CAM Experience (MasterCam) is a plus.
• Ability to program Mazatrol controls is a plus.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, while meeting production and quality requirements.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• The selected candidate must be able to work Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, with overtime during the week and/or on weekends as needed.
• Be able to work in a drug free environment.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and health screening, as well as random drug tests.
• This position requires membership in the Machinist Union upon successful completion of probationary period of (up to) 90 days.
SWEED MACHINERY OFFERS
• Competitive compensation (DOE).
• Paid vacation & amp; holidays.
• Health, dental and life insurance.
• Flex spending account with employer contribution.
• Short term disability.
• Generous quarterly profit sharing.
Sweed Machinery is an industrial machinery manufacturer. We have multiple lines of products; our sales, engineering and production of these products are under one roof. We are 60 years strong and growing with a reputation of great engineering, durable products, innovation and customer service. To find out more about us, visit www.sweed.com.
Potential candidates should submit their cover letter and resume directly to: HR@sweed.com
Position is open until filled.
Sweed is a drug free workplace; pre-employment drug screening required.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP INS.
Sweed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© 2018 - Sweed Machinery, Inc.